Sunday School

sunday_schoolCalvary's Sunday School meets every Sunday during the school year at 10:15 a.m. Currently we are using a "one-room school house" approach, with children from kindergarten through sixth grade grouped together. Parents from the parish rotate as teachers. It's fun!

 

Contact: Sonja Reetz



Sunday School Kids Fundraising Project

sunday_school_erinInspired by this fall's 'Living as a Christian Kid' readings, the Sunday School children have come up with a fundraising project to help the needy, all on their own. Brimming with ideas and enthusiasm, the children have asked to run the project themselves. They plan to hold a lemonade and bake sale during the Coffee Hour once a month, on the weekends of the antique faire. The children are busy now creating signs, arranging announcements, planning time for baking, and organizing their budget. They plan to keep 25% of the sales, for the expenses and to help support the Sunday School, and to donate the other 75% to help the homeless in our community. We hope you'll join us in encouraging and supporting the children in this inspired mission!

 

 

 
Sunday School News - September 2010

After a summer of relaxed Sunday School sessions of mural art celebrating the beauty of the earth we are back to a more structured Sunday School program. This September we will be learning about the importance of listening to God's wisdom and our service to others through the stories of Deborah, Hannah, Samuel, Eli and King Saul.


Sunday School staff includes Christina Miller, Nancy Gere, Erin Duncan, Sonja Reetz and Julie Blank. Let us know if you would like to assist in any way. 

 

News for the young and the young at heart: Calvary has been gifted a fold up ping pong table. We are still considering location for storage and usage. 

 

Submitted by Sonja Reetz